ADN4691E 3.3 V, 200 Mbps, Half-Duplex, High Speed M-LVDS Transceiver with Type 1 Receiver
The ADN4691E / ADN4693E / ADN4696E / ADN4697E are multipoint, low voltage differential signaling (M-LVDS) transceivers (driver and receiver pairs) that can operate at up to 200 Mbps (100 MHz). The receivers detect the bus state with a differential input of as little as 50 mV over a common-mode voltage range of −1 V to +3.4 V. ESD protection of up to ±15 kV is implemented on the bus pins. The devices adhere to the TIA/EIA-899 standard for M-LVDS and complement TIA/EIA- 644 LVDS devices with additional multipoint capabilities.
The ADN4691E / ADN4693E are Type 1 receivers with 25 mV of hysteresis so that slow-changing signals or loss of input does not lead to output oscillations. The ADN4696E / ADN4697E are Type 2 receivers exhibiting an offset threshold, guaranteeing the output state when the bus is idle (bus-idle fail-safe) or the inputs are open (open-circuit fail-safe).
The devices are available as half-duplex in an 8-lead SOIC package (the ADN4691E / ADN4696E) or as full-duplex in a 14-lead SOIC package (the ADN4693E / ADN4697E).
- Backplane and cable multipoint data transmission
- Multipoint clock distribution
- Low power, high speed alternative to shorter RS-485 links
- Networking and wireless base station infrastructure
Features and Benefits
- Multipoint LVDS transceivers (low voltage differential signaling driver and receiver pairs)
- Switching rate: 200 Mbps (100 MHz)
- Supported bus loads: 30 Ω to 55 Ω
- Type 1 receiver type: hysteresis of 25 mV
- Conforms to TIA/EIA-899 standard for M-LVDS
- Glitch free power-up/power-down on M-LVDS bus
- Controlled transition times on driver output
- Common-mode range: −1 V to +3.4 V, allowing communication with 2 V of ground noise
- Driver outputs high-Z when disabled or powered off
- See data sheet for additional features