ADG333A Quad SPDT Switch
The ADG333A is a monolithic complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) device comprising four independently selectable single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switches. It is designed on a linear compatible CMOS (LC2MOS) process, which provides low power dissipation yet achieves a high switching speed and a low on resistance.
The on-resistance profile is very flat over the full analog input range, ensuring good linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals. High switching speed also makes the device suitable for video signal switching. CMOS construction ensures ultralow power dissipation, making the device ideally suited for portable, battery-powered instruments.
When they are on, each switch conducts equally well in both directions and has an input signal range that extends to the power supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. All switches exhibit break-before-make switching action for use in multiplexer applications. Low charge inject is inherent in the design.
- Extended signal range. The ADG333A is fabricated on an enhanced LC2MOS process, giving an increased signal range which extends to the supply rails.
- Low power dissipation.
- Low RON.
- Single-supply operation. For applications in which the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG333A can be operated from a single rail power supply. The device is fully specified with a single 12 V supply.
- Audio and video switching
- Battery-powered systems
- Test equipment
- Communication systems
Features and Benefits
- 44 V supply maximum ratings
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Low on resistance (45 Ω max)
- Low ∆RON (5 Ω max)
- Low RON match (4 Ω max)
- Low power dissipation
- Fast switching times
- tON < 175 ns
- tOFF < 145 ns
- Low leakage currents (5 nA max)
- Low charge injection (10 pC max)
- Break-before-make switching action